Of Surprise Parties and Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches



Blog Name:
Slapdash Jargon
Blog URL: http://supposedly.wordpress.com/
RSS Feed:
Location:
Blog Summary: Words of Gibberish and Rigmarole
This blog has been active since: March 2008
Post: Of Surprise Parties and Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches / April 2, 2008


Of Surprise Parties and Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches



This fantastic day of April the second was in fact a marvelous day. Today’s holidays were Children’s Book Day and National Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich day, and the chosen word of the day was lackluster, which means ‘dull.’

Normally, I would be going on about how boring Wednesdays such as today are, but today was most definitely not boring.

You all remember the after school Scrabble party planned for my friend Laura’s house, right? Well, I fooled not only her but all of you guys as well- the get-together was actually a belated birthday surprise party! I baked her a pacman monster cookie with ‘nerdfighter= you’ on the top in orange icing. She was immensely shocked and pleased about the surprise party, and I was as well, though I really can’t believe she didn’t notice that something was up- especially when I called the group of friends waiting at her house to pop out and yell, ‘surprise!’ in the midst of her presence, claiming I was calling my own phone to see if it was in my backpack; really, would I be talking to myself like that?

Either way, it was a roaring success. We are actually now in the process (or at least, I am) of planning a club where we all meet after school on Wednesdays and walk around the neighborhoods doing odd things, such as using umbrellas when it is not raining, and recording people’s reactions. We will then hopefully end up posting them on YouTube. Awesome idea, right? You know it!

So yes, I am very happy and am currently feeling very fulfilled in life, even if the party is over and I still have to take out the trash, making the rest of today quickly turn into the average, boring Wednesday evening.

Make your mark!

Hiç yorum yok: