I’m Not A -Scrabble- Virgin Anymore

|



Blog Name:
nooneofimport
Blog URL: http://nooneofimport.wordpress.com/
RSS Feed: http://nooneofimport.wordpress.com/feed/
Location: Portland, Oregon
Blog Summary: My name is Erica. I live in Portland, Oregon at present-which is a beautiful city. I’m absolutely in love with it. I’m a full-time Teacher’s Slave Aide at a snooty private school and a part-time college student. I’m looking to get a degree in Doing Nothing. I’m very much looking forward to the day when I won’t have to work or pay bills any longer, just sit there… Doing Nothing.

I have three house plants; Galveston, Gracie, and Milton. I have a silver Corolla named Stella and an imaginary brain tumor named Jack. They are my friends.
This blog has been active since: January 2008
Post: I’m Not A -Scrabble- Virgin Anymore / April 2, 2008


I’m Not A -Scrabble- Virgin Anymore


I can just hear Poe in the background…

I played Scrabble for the first time today! Isn’t that just horribly exciting? I think so! It’s not the points that matter to me, it’s the excitement of the words. I turned one of the other player’s words into PANTS, and then on my next turn I put down YETI. Pretty awesome. I had to leave before I found out the scores, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t lose.

I don’t know why I had never played Scrabble before. My family was more of a Monopoly family, or a Skip-bo family. Now that was a good game. Skip-bo. It’s been so long. I don’t even remember how to play anymore.

Today I’m finally feeling better. Oh, I’m still hacking phlegm, but the space of time in between each hack is getting longer and longer. And most importantly, I can BREATHE through my nose! That for me is the most frustrating thing about being sick, not being about to breathe through the nostrils. Oh, and now I can eat without desperately wanting to vomit, that’s always a plus.

And on top of everything else, today was a magnificently beautiful spring day! Take that, you stupid winter! Ha! No more snow! The sun was shining, there was a light breeze but it was still warm. I saw a bee for the first time this season. That made me happy. Life was surprisingly beautiful today.

I got to come home to a crisp, fresh copy of Bon Appétit which I’m very much looking forward to ripping into. Last month they had a stupid picture of cupcakes on the cover, which really disappointed me. The cover is one of the most important things about a cooking magazine. If the cover itself instantly makes you start to salivate, you just instinctively know it’s going to be a good issue. Last month, sure there were a couple good recipes in there, but on the whole it wasn’t too great.

Hiç yorum yok: