Scrabble, Controlling Authority



Blog Name:
Controlling Authority

Blog URL: http://controllingauthority.wordpress.com/
RSS Feed:
Location:
Blog Summary: A legal Studies blog
This blog has been active since: Jan, 2008
Post: Scrabble / March 2, 2008



Scrabble


Hasbro and Mattel claim that on-line Scrabble is piracy. I guess a lot of people are playing it on Facebook where it is called Scrabulous but the rules and points are exactly the same. As many of you know, I play at www.isc.ro, I just checked my stats and I have played 1,641 games over about 4 years.

Both the sites are hosted on servers outside the U.S. Scrabulous in India and ISC in Romania. This makes it more difficult/impossible for Hasbro and Mattel to shut them down.

NoObamaKoolAid is going to love my suggestion to the companies: get the domain scrabble.com and start making money. Make the site really fun and easy to use. Let people play free if they are willing to look at ads but allow them to buy a membership that would allow them to play without being bothered by ads.

Give one player name free and let them buy more if they want. In short, build a better website where people can play scrabble and people will come. Why don’t they even try?

I am confident about my site in Romania staying up, but they could force the hand of facebook pretty easily. Or, license it to facebook for a fee. Facebook is making plenty of dough. I’m just saying people want to play scrabble, isn’t that good for the company? They just have to figure out how to get them to play on their website versus others.

Hiç yorum yok: