WHEN SCRABBLE BECOMES PHILOSOPHICAL

|


Blog Name:
The Real Justin Chandler
Blog URL: http://realjustinchandler.blogspot.com/
RSS Feed:http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheRealJustinChandler
Location: Springfield : MO : United States
Blog Summary: My thoughts, concerns, issues and everything else that comes with living my life.
This blog has been active since: April, 2008
Post: WHEN SCRABBLE BECOMES PHILOSOPHICAL / June 10, 2008



WHEN SCRABBLE BECOMES PHILOSOPHICAL




Tonight, Scrabble at a competitive level took another turn. You may be asking yourself, since when did Scrabble become competitive. I would reference Word Wars as a reference. Jack (my roommate) and I just got into a discussion about a challenge that I had with one of his words. If this isn't boring you already, then it most likely will if I get into what the challenge was.

One of the statements I made was to go "to the fullest extent of the law" and I echo a statement I heard George Wood make on a video he released as the Assemblies of God response to the revival that is happening in Lakeland, FL. He used a quote from a guy at Azusa street and said "We are measuring everything by the Word, every experience must measure up with the Bible.

Some say that is going too far, but if we have lived too close to the Word, we will settle that with the Lord when we meet Him in the air." I thought that was a rather intriguing statement and so I used it in Scrabble.

We will follow the rules and if we are too stringint, better to be that, than to be too loose with the rules. Jack proceeded to call me a Pharisee. Once you start keeping track of wins, friends go out the window.

GAME ON!

Hiç yorum yok: