Food, Family, Friends, and...Scrabble?



Blog Name:
Home Sweet Virtues
Blog URL: http://homesweetvirtues.blogspot.com/
RSS Feed:
Blog Summary: A truly aesthetic blog through the daily journeys of life. Is it possible to be a wife, mother, servant to the Lord, and still be (fun)? I think so. Join me on this journey to becoming more of the person I desire to be. Maybe you'll catch a few handy links, or learn a few tricks as you do.
This blog has been active since: August, 2008
Post: Food, Family, Friends, and...Scrabble? / November 28, 2008


Food, Family, Friends, and...Scrabble?




My sweetie, lil one, and I packed up and went to visit family in the town over from us for Thanksgiving. We went down on Wednesday so that I could help my step dad cook dinner.

Well my mom ended up not having to go into work, and somehow we lost all of the men. Our land has a very large tree that fell and off the men went to check it out. My uncle, stepdad, and now sweetie are all into woodworking.

So they took off with the chainsaw, the lil one, and were gone til dinner time. As it turns out the majority of our land (and oh how this makes me happy) is filled with maple trees. There are a few black walnut trees as well which are great for making wooden items. My sweetie had to come back home last night so that he could go to work, but we had a great time.

After all were fed and the dishes cleared we filled the table with games. I've never seen such competition. It's been a long time since we've had enough people to sit around and play a good game. Taboo was probably the most competitive, followed by scrabble with people who spell words that I've never even heard of, and lastly the very simple game of Guess Who?

My littlest sister seems to be the queen of this one. All in all it was a great night, and I found myself abound with blessings for which to give thanks. The only regret I have is that I did not take my camera. Of all the things to forget.

Hiç yorum yok: